Job Title: Engagement Assistant (Community Services)
Salary: £8.21 Per Hour
Location: London Borough of Bexley (Erith DA8 and Sidcup DA14)
Manual driving licence is desirable for this role - Ideally someone who can drive mini-buses and delivery vans to support customer delivers.
Choice Support is a national charity supporting people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health needs. We put people at the centre of everything we do, so that they get support that truly meets their needs.
We value people for who they are, and we expect everyone we support to be respected in society. Nobody should be held back from achieving their dreams because of their disability. We believe that with the right support everyone can live the life they choose.
Why work for us?
“I enjoy working for Choice Support because everyone in the company gets treated fairly and is looked after properly. My job as an Engagement Assistant is really rewarding in so many different ways. It’s the best job I have had by far.”
• We are a friendly organisation and can offer flexible working hours.
• We offer clear career progression for those wanting to progress.
• We reward our staff by offering additional benefits including the opportunity to earn a discretionary quarterly bonus of £150 for dedicated attendance, discounted shopping vouchers and much more.
What does the role look like?
As an Engagement Assistant in our service in London Borough of Bexley, your role will be to support a number of individuals with varying needs.
Your duties will also include:
• To work with individuals across a number of different services, where and when needed, ensuring each individual receives the support required to lead an independent and fulfilling life.
• Helping the people we support to learn new skills.
• To Support individuals to attend sessions in-house and to access sessions/facilities in the local community.
• Ensuring the people we support are encouraged to reach their full potential.
• Personal Care (going to the toilet and changing after swimming) when required.
• To achieve their ambitions as set out in their support plans.
• To assist with the management of their finances.
Do I need experience?
Some experience within a similar environment would be desirable, however our outstanding training and development programme means this is not essential. What we do ask for is that you are able to commit to our values at all times - We care. We respect. We learn. We lead.
If you’re ready to make life more interesting then we would love for you to apply online today or email us at email@example.com
Choice Support is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.