Job Title: Community Support Worker
Hours: Permanent Full Time (39 Hours)
Salary: £8.21 Per Hour
Location: Maidstone, Kent, ME15
Choice Support is a national charity supporting people with autism, learning disabilities and mental health needs. We put people at the centre of everything we do, so that they get support that truly meets their needs.
We value people for who they are, and we expect everyone we support to be respected in society. Nobody should be held back from achieving their dreams because of their disability. We believe that with the right support everyone can live the life they choose.
Why work for us?
“I enjoy working for Choice Support because everyone in the company gets treated fairly and is looked after properly. My job as a Support Worker is really rewarding in so many different ways. It’s the best job I have had by far.”
• We are a friendly organisation and can offer flexible working hours.
• We offer clear career progression for those wanting to progress.
• We reward our staff by offering additional benefits including the opportunity to earn a discretionary quarterly bonus of £150 for dedicated attendance, discounted shopping vouchers and much more.
What does the role look like?
As a Community Support Worker in our services in Maidstone, your role will be to support a number of individuals with Learning Disability, Autism, Aspergers (Diverse age range from 21 to 75 years).
Your duties will also include:
• Helping the people we support to learn new skills and enable individuals to gain and maintain independence.
• Provide support for tenancy related issues and maintaining their own homes.
• Arranging and attending health care appointments.
• Supporting with seeking employment and further education, social activities and leisure activities.
Do I need experience?
Some experience within a similar environment would be desirable, however our outstanding training and development programme means this is not essential. What we do ask for is that you are able to commit to our values at all times - We care. We respect. We learn. We lead.
If you’re ready to make life more interesting then we would love for you to apply online today or email us at email@example.com
Choice Support is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion / belief, sexual orientation or age.
We reserve the right to close this advert early if we are able to appoint to the vacancy before the advertised closed date.